Hello one, hello all. I am working on my review of Cinderella 2015 (no, really, I am) but I thought I'd fill this out really quickly so at least you could have something now. :) Besides, blog party tags are too much fun! And besides, then I get more giveaway entries. :P
So, without further natter.
1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella?
Genuine sweetness. Kind and compassionate both included.
2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I feel like when they are both horrid, Cinderella has even more to contend with, and it's even more amazing that she stayed as lovely as she did. But I also like in the Broadway version how one of them sort of emerged as being a bit nicer at the end.
3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats?
Mice and lizards? No. Cows and geese? Only if they were very special. Cats and cat-like dogs, yes. ;)
4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback?
Not technically. I've been on a pony in a fair. I have ridden sidesaddle on carousel horses, though. It's much more comfortable.
5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/es?
6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
Why yes. Sometimes I do. Especially if I'm scrubbing the floor (which happens rarely :P).
7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince?
Handsome and dark. Oh wait those aren't character traits. Um... loyalty, bravery, heart, good judgment, and compassion.
8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations).
Ummmmmm... I don't tend to like the original folk tales. Heh, heh. Sleeping Beauty, perhaps. The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Cinderella and the shoe is way too weird in the original story. :P And yeah, my mind is blanking.
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations).
~Barbie of Swan Lake
~Barbie as the Twelve Dancing Princesses
~Sleeping Beauty (Disney)
~My brain is having problems right now. :P
10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like?
Oh, ooh! Probablyyyy... well, somewhere in Europe. And probably 1850's. Some time I could have a huge skirt. And the dress... the skirt of the blue 2015 dress, and the top of the pink 2015 dress, with the sleeves a little shorter. Honestly, I would adore lavender, haha. But pink or white would be great too. If blue, then a very pale blue, more like the original Cinderella movie.
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?
Blue and white, I suppose.