Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sense and Sensibility Music and Poll Closed


Since I am on the S&S subject right now, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about the music from the 1995 film. I really like it; it’s probably my favorite soundtrack, and maybe my favorite CD altogether. Patrick Doyle is a wonderful composer. Music is part of what determines a movie's success. The script, the costumes, the settings, and of course the acting all contribue, but I think music is more important than we may realize. Think of the happiest scene in a movie, the saddest, the one that makes you most angry--chances are that the music has a large part of making you feel that way. Take the music away...and it’s not as touching. And the music on this movie really goes with the story and with the time period. Anyways. Definitely a success in my opinion.


You can listen of samples to it here.


Poll closed: On the sidebar I asked the question “Should I write more ‘which character are you’ quizzes like I did for Pride and Prejudice?” 7 people voted ‘Yes!!’ and nobody voted anything else. So, now I know, if I do write another quiz, at least 7 people will take it,
right? Now I wonder what the quiz should be. I’ve thought of a few; if you are interested, vote on the poll below for what sounds like you’d most want to take. (You can choose more than one.) The last three I'd have to wait a while to write.
There is a also new poll on the sidebar.

Which quiz would you most like to take?
Which 'Sense and Sensibility' lady are you most like?
Which 'Emma' lady are you most like?
Which Jane Austen heroine are you most like?
Which Jane Austen hero would be best suited for you?
Which 19th century literary heroine are you most like?




  
pollcode.com free polls

2 comments:

Charity U said...

I *ahem* voted for all of them. Honestly, I would take all those quizzes and have fun! I kept meaning to not vote for two or three, but then I couldn't decide which ones not to go for. So. :)

Melody said...

Well, at least I know I had some tolerable ideas! haha ;-)

Would you rather hear the story...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...