Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sense and Sensibility Actors

Here are the actors from Sense and Sensibility movies who I recognized…

S.&S. 2008
David Morrissey (Col. Brandon) - someone on The Water Horse
Lucy Boynton (Margaret Dashwood) - Young Beatrix on Miss Potter

S.&S. 1995
Imelda Staunton (Mrs Palmer) - Miss Pole on Cranford, Mrs Micawber on David Copperfield (1999)
Greg Wise (John Willoughby) - Franklin Blake on The Moonstone, Sir Charles Maulver on Cranford
Gemma Jones (Mrs. Dashwood) - Mrs. Fairfax on Jane Eyre (1997)
Harriet Walter (Fanny Dashwood) - Mrs. Gowan on Little Dorrit
James Fleet (John Dashwood) - Frederick Dorrit on Little Dorrit
Robert Hardy (Sir John Middleton) - Tite Barnacle on Little Dorrit
Elizabeth Spriggs (Mrs. Jennings) - Mrs. Goodenough, one of the gossipy ladies on Wives and Daughters (1999)

S.&S. 1981
Irene Richard (Elinor Dashwood) - Charlotte Lucas on Pride and Prejudice (1980)

 S.&S. 1971
Joanna David (Elinor Dashwood) - Lizzy’s Aunt Gardiner on Pride and Prejudice (1995), Mrs. Stanbury on He Knew He Was Right, and a lady on Bleak House (2005)

8 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I just saw the 2008 Sense and Sensibility. I'm reviewing it for tomorrow. I also noticed that the Mrs. Jennings in the 2008 Sense and Sensibility was in Lark Rise to Candleford.

Melody said...

I look forward to reading your thoughts on the movie!

Was she? I haven't seen that much of Lark Rise to Candleford. Which season was she on (or was she on all of them)?

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

She was in all of them. She was a character named Queenie.

Melody said...

Queenie...I recognize it...I recognize it...but I cannot place it.

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

She was the old lady that kept bees in Lark Rise. If you see her in Lark Rise to Candleford, you know.

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I should have said "you'll know her from Sense and Sensibility" in my last comment. Sorry about that.

Tasha said...

Ello Melody!!!
Havent heard from you in awile.
Ive been watching the movie" Little Dorrit". So far I love it!!! Ive also JUST finished watching North and South, and Jane Eyre. Two very good movie, very good, very good. I love the books writen by Charles Dickens. Oliver Twist especialy.

Comment me soon!
~Tasha~

Would you rather hear the story...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...