Sunday, March 6, 2011

Poll Results

“Which is your second favorite Jane Austen story?” poll on the sidebar closed a while ago. Here are the results:
1. Persuasion (5 votes)
2. Emma (4 votes)
3. Sense and Sensibility (3 votes)
4. Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abbey (1 vote each)
I voted for Emma as my second favorite. I’ve seen a poll for favorite before, and Pride and Prejudice was #1.
The “Who is your favorite Jane Austen hero?” poll is also closed. Here are the winners:


Poor Edward Ferrars got no votes. Some people think him dull, but I've always rather liked Edward. Better than some others…but he is not my favorite. In case anyone is wondering, I voted for Mr. Darcy. Although I really like Mr. Knightley, and I know I am not the only one who considers him a close second to Mr. Darcy.

I would do a ‘favorite Jane Austen heroine’ poll next, but since the “Period Drama Heroine Tournament” is going on at Elegance of Fashion, that would seem a bit redundant. Several of the contestants are Jane Austen characters.

So, I am doing Charles Dickens heroes. I am not nearly as acquainted with Dickens as I am with Miss Austen, so if I left anyone out who should be there…maybe you even want to vote for him…please let me know. Oh, and I love to know who votes for what, so I would be happy if you would comment and tell me your choice.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Charity U said...

Edward...well, he's ugly. Plain and simple. In the movie at least. Err, the 1995 one. Not sure about the newer one. I'm surprised Colonel Brandon did so well! It was a toss-up for me between Mr. Darcy and Knightly. But I think I went for Darcy.

Melody said...

Ugly? The book never said he was ugly. It said he wasn't handsome; or plain, or something like that - but it never said he was ugly.
Aaand, in the 2008 version, I rather like his looks. ;-) Especially the blue eyes. You should watch that one! :) He also acted too awkward in the 1995 version.

Yes, you did say you went for Mr. Darcy.

Would you rather hear the story...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...